Camp FAQs

What forms do I need for camp? All the forms required for camp can be completed when you register your child, or after you have registered them on the Parent Portal. You can find the Camp Preparation Guide, HERE.

Is Marmon Valley Ministries Accredited? Yes, We are members of CCCA, (Christian Camping and Conference Association) which is a national collaboration of christian camps. In addition, Marmon Valley's Horsemanship Directors are certified instructors through CHA (Certified Horsmanship Association.

Are campers ever left unsupervised? No! Campers travel to and from all meals and activities with their cabin group and at least one counselor or instructor. All games, snack breaks, and free-time activities are closely monitored by summer staff members.

What special needs can you accomodate? Marmon Valley Ministries is not equipped to manage medical, behavioral, or emotional problems that require specialized care or additional staff for individual care. Children attending camp must be able to function in a group setting with a 1 to 6 staff to camper ratio. For questions, please contact our office at 937-593-8051. 

Tell me more about your staff. Are they trained? Our summer staff is comprised primarily of college-aged young people who have committed their summer to serving in camping ministry. They are carefully screened and selected based on their integrity, moral character, and personal commitment to Christ. Each staff member undergoes a background check and participates in a thorough, two-week training process before camp begins.

What time is check-in on Sunday? Registration for all camps is between 3 p.m. and 5 p.m. Please leave your gear in the car. In order to provide our staff with sufficient rest between sessions, we will not begin registration prior to 3 p.m. If you choose to arrive early, you are welcome to enjoy the farm while you wait.  

When do I pick my kids up on Friday? Camp concludes with a 6pm Parents Program in the stable area. If it rains we will have an abbreviated program in the indoor arena. Parents are invited to come early and join Wrangler Matt for a Parent's Round Up in the picnic shelter at 5:45pm. A snack will be provided. Matt will share a little about the week of camp and his interactions with your kids, and we'll tell you about a few special opportunities, too.

Can my child call me during the week? Campers receive email and snail mail each day, but they do not have access to telephones during camp.

What is a CHA Riding Level? CHA the Certified Horsemanship Association is a horsemanship education organization that offers industry standards in horsemanship education and criteria for horseback riding levels. Marmon Valley Ministries employs their riding level structure and staffs each class with certified instructors. Campers who have not had formal riding lessons prior to attending camp (and we welcome that) should mark level 1 on their form. Campers who are new to Marmon Valley but have taken riding lessons prior to attending the Farm are often placed in level 1 because many times riding lessons outside Marmon Valley do not cover grooming, saddling, and bridling nor do they tend to focus on basic horse sense and safety, both of which are critical to our program. Please note that students with prior experience are always evaluated during their first riding class and moved to an appropriate class if the instructors believe they would be better suited at a higher (or lower) level. If you believe your child is higher than a level 1 rider but has not camped with us before, you are welcome to call us and discuss the best option. First-time campers wishing to be in Equestrian Camp or Horsin' Around Pro must come for an evaluation ride prior to registering to have their horsemanship skills rated by our instructors.

What happens if I need to switch to a different week or cancel my child's camp? If you need to switch weeks, just give our office a call and we can work that out with you. Some weeks do fill up, so it depends on availability. Camp payments cannot be rolled from year to year.  

A $150 non-refundable deposit is due with each camp registration. If a registration is canceled more than 60 days before the camper’s week of camp starts, the family will be refunded any payments they have made, except the non-refundable $150 deposit. If a registration is cancelled between 30-60 days before the camper’s week of camp starts, the family will be refunded 50% of their payment(s) minus the non-refundable $150 deposit. If a camp registration is cancelled less than 30 days before the camper’s week of camp starts, the family will receive no refund of their payment(s). This policy does not apply to campers who merely switch to a different week of camp in the same year. Camp payments cannot be rolled from year to year.  


Phone Numbers:
Phone: 937-593-8000


Office Hours:
Closed Monday
9:00-5:00PM Tuesday-Saturday
1:00-5:00PM Sunday
Stable hours:
Stable hours vary by season, Please click Book Now for details
Closed Monday & Wednesday
Book Now